Thursday, June 9, 2011

Iowa = Tractors and Farms

A trip to Iowa always involves farming fun!

This was Liam's second trip to the John Deere museum and he loved it just as much as the first time!  He kept running from tractor to tractor in a frenzied excitement.  Dylan seemed excited by it too.  He loved moving the steering wheels and touching all the buttons.


Liam seems to be telling Dylan how the bulldozer blade works.


Now, he's teaching Dylan how to drive the tractor.  I guess he is taking his role as the big brother very seriously.


When I'm out and about by myself, I've learned to be creative in taking pictures of both boys.  After taking the photo of the kids faces in the cutout, I turned around to see a little audience of people and they were laughing at the craziness of me trying to get the boys to look at me (clearly I couldn't get them to smile).  The seat belts came in very handy for the photo taking.  Of course I only had a moment to take the picture before Dylan crawled right out of it and Liam began complaining about being restrained while exploring the huge tractor playground!  





  

 Is this a lawn mower or an exercise machine?



Growing up, I had so much exploring the farms of my grandparents and aunts and uncles.  Farming is such a source of pride for my family and it's really exciting to introduce my little boys to this way of life.  We took a drive to Delmar, Iowa to visit Great Aunt Jane and Great Uncle Brian's farm.  Liam got a closeup view of the cows.


Liam was thrilled to "drive" Great Uncle Brian's semi-truck.  It might have been even more exciting than the tractors!  It was definitely bigger!


A little boy in a big barn.


The farm was so peaceful.  And, we got to enjoy a delicious Great Aunt Jane dinner and the beautiful Iowa sunset!

No comments:

Post a Comment